Google Chrome and Hidden settings in about: Pages
Google Chrome has been updated to its latest stable version 13.One notable feature with various browsers like Chrome is that they provide users to test the upcoming and Experimental features with in the stable versions too.However these features are hidden under the about: Pages of Google Chrome.Here are some hidden features with latest Chrome browser [most features in old version too] you could play with.
Type about:flags [chrome://flags/] in Google Chrome .Now Under Experiment Scroll down to various Options and choose enable/Disable.One thing to remember is that after chosing your options scroll to bottom and click on Relaunch button ,Then only the changes will take effect.
- Side Tabs:To view Tabs side by side [on left hand side] . Enable it .Now scroll to bottom and click relaunch it button .Next right-click on tab and select “Use side tabs” option.
- Experimental Extension APIs :Enables experimental extension APIs. Note that the extension gallery doesn’t allow you to upload extensions that use experimental APIs
- Click to play:Enables a “click to play” option in the plug-in content settings.
- Compact Navigation :Adds a “Hide the toolbar” entry to the tabstrip’s context menu. Use this to toggle between always displaying the toolbar (default) and only opening it as a drop down box as needed. right-click on tab and select “Hide the toolbar” option.
- Experimental new tab page:Enables an in-development redesign of the new tab page.
- Multiple Profiles:Associates every browser window with a profile, and adds a profile switcher in the upper right corner. Every profile has its own bookmarks, extensions, apps, etc.
- If you are trouble with GoogleUpdate.exe having instant port connections , to disable it just type about:plugins [chrome://plugins/] and scroll to Google Update and disable it
To view all about pages of Google chrome Type about:about in URL bar
The following pages are for debugging purposes only. Because they crash or hang the renderer, they’re not linked directly; you can type them into the address bar if you need them.
Not downloaded Chrome yet .Here is the official link to Chrome Offline installer .Download Standalone Offline Installer