Adobe Edge :Adobe HTML5 Rich Media Editor
Buzz around the WWW is Adobe Edge Software, a preview release by Adobe on Monday.Aimed on focusing the latest web standard HTML5 , It’s exactly revealed that Adobe wants to catch up with current latest trends and standards there by note to lose out in those trend flow in Rich content animations and interactive web trends.Edge Preview is a complimentary free download from Adobe Labs[For Windows/Mac around 55 MB ].Let’s know more on Why Adobe released Edge and how it suits a web developer/designer.
What is Adobe Edge Software?
Why Adobe Edge?
Adobe Edge is focused on HTML5 which adds up the interaction and multimedia for the web there by eliminating the need to download plug-ins such as Microsoft Silverlight or Adobe Flash.
Why Adobe Supports Edge Since Adobe Flash is there?
To an extend to say “Adobe doesn’t wants to lose its rhythm under HTML5 popularity against Adobe Flash”.Adobe aims to ensure that if HTML5 becomes a widely standard for rich content animations and eliminates the need for Plugins like Flash, so that developers still create it based on Adobe software. So Adobe has created Edge as a tool to help developers create complex animations using HTML5.However Adobe still argue and supports Adobe Flash on pointing out that for games and streaming video flash is must.
How it looks & What are Main features of Adobe Edge?
- Instead of Adobe’s proprietary ActionScript format, the animations created in Edge are coded in a language called JSON. JSON is a form of Java that runs on modern desktop browsers and most mobile browsers, such as Safari.
- The user interface is based on a stage, timeline, and panels for elements and properties [Similar to a movie editor]. It’s influenced by our customers’ favorite features and functionality in class-leading tools like After Effects and Flash Professional
- Create new compositions with Edge’s drawing and text tools.Copy and paste transitions, invert them, and choose from over 25 built-in easing effects for added creativity.Easily choreograph animation with the timeline editor. Animate position, size, color, shape, rotation and more at the property level.
- Import popular web graphics such as SVG, PNG, JPG or GIF files.Also Add motion elements to existing HTML web documents.Graphics that are created using Adobe Illustator®, Adobe Fireworks® and Adobe Photoshop® can be added to your composition in Edge. HTML documents using CSS-based layouts created in products like Adobe Dreamweaver® can also be opened in Edge.
- Animated content created with Edge is designed and tested to work reliably on the iOS and Android platforms, WebKit-enabled devices, and popular desktop browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer 9.
For eg: Here is Simple Rich Ad side to side motion and transitions with opacity. It utilizes the text and drawing tools within Edge, as well as using imported graphics (PNG and SVG format).