Sabayon Linux 6 “Core” New releases
Sabayon Linux or Sabayon (formerly RR4 Linux and RR64 Linux), which is a Gentoo-based Linux distribution after the release of Sabayon Linux 6, recently announced the immediate availability for download of four Core editions of the Sabayon Linux 6 operating system.These releases are targeted to advanced users who want to take full control of the features and packages installed on their system.Each of these Core editions are based on the latest 6.0 release of Sabayon[GNOM/KDE] Linux[released on june 23rd].
The four newly updated editions of Sabayon Linux 6 are: SpinBase , CoreCDX, ServerBase and OpenVZ . While the SpinBase and ServerBase editions allow users to make Sabayon spins or set up a home server, the CoreCDX edition allows users to easily obtain a minimal graphical environment of Sabayon.
Features of Sabayon 6 Core according to sabayon.org:
- Bootable Image suitable for a CD or USB thumb drive [which is common]
- Shipped with Desktop-optimized Linux kernel 2.6.39
- ext4 filesystem as default, btrfs, encrypted filesystem support
- Installable in less than 5 minutes
- Completely customizable system after install, thanks to Entropy package [software repository package manager]sets it’s possible to install GNOME, KDE or X.Org in no time.
- Entropy and Portage ready (giving access to thousands of installable packages)
- Bringing Entropy Framework 1.0_alpha14
- Providing extra Server-optimized, OpenVZ-enabled, Vserver-enabled kernels in repositories
an i686-compatible Processor
2 to 3 GB of free space
Visit Sabayon 6 Core Releases for More