Web 1.0,Web2.0 and Future Web
“Digital Information revolution is Up on us“-Yes,Face of Internet has been changing over years as new trends and web technologies emerges frequently.Basic view of a normal user regarding WWW has totally altered due to these innovations from Web 1.0, Web 2.0 ,Web 3.0 Likewise .It’s certainly the eagerness to obtain a speedy,fast,User friendly browsing environment has created such a drastic change in web,Of course we can’t define such conversion of WWW in few words rather could only brief it’s outcomes.
According to founder and CEO of Netflix Hastings “Web 1.0 was dial-up, 50K average bandwidth, Web 2.0 is an average 1 megabit of bandwidth and Web 3.0 will be 10 megabits of bandwidth all the time, which will be the full video Web, and that will feel like Web 3.0”.Although this practical separation of Web as 1.0 ,2.0 likewise are done it’s been widely criticised , most experts widely accepted of having a generation specific Web.
Web 1.0[Past web]
- Web 1.0, or web, refers to the first stage of the World Wide Web linking web pages with hyperlinks Term Web 1.0 was generally used before 1999 when experts called it the Read only era Most read only web
- Static Web- pages instead of dynamic user-generated content
- Mainly company focused Web pages
- Restricted Sharing by copyrights
- Mainly HTML Tables used up widely
- Small format of advertising Techniques
- Web Directories,Research papers,Portals,Web Forms
- Applications/Softwares Coding are proprietary
- Less competition between Web Giants
- Lack of speed and fastness in Website loading and Browsing
- Command Line Browsing Interests
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online,Geocities & Hotmail Ruled
Web 2.0 [The Present Web]
- Web 1.0 +Dynamic+Community based+RIA==Web 2.0
- Web 2.0 was first introduced in the market by O’Reilly at the brainstorming discussion at media live International in 1999
- Web 2.0 is associated with web applications that facilitate participatory information sharing, interoperability, user-centered design, and collaboration
- Community based sites & Dynamic , Interactive & Rich[RIA] content Web pages
- social networking sites, blogs, wikis, video sharing sites, hosted services, web applications, podcast and more.
- Era of XML, RSS (Really Simple Syndication), XML and Web API including Service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Rise of Google as a major Web service Provider along with Twitter,Facebook,Myspace,Amazon,Wikipedia,Microsoft web services
- Logo and Brand Specific Websites
- Advertising/Marketing takes a new format with Cost per click &Google Adsense
- Secure & Speedy Browsing environment get prioritized[adding up 2G/3G/4G Networks]
- Increase in no: of hackers & hacking methods
- Increase in Specific Client side & Server side Scripting technologies
- Keyword searching,Live supports,Forums,Live News ,Sports,Video Footage,Online Gaming,Contests,Torrents,Porns handled User Interests
- Arise of New Browsers[Including Plugins,Widgets] and OS platforms and Open Source technologies
- Cloud and Virtualization technologies emphasized
- Flash vs HTML 5 like technologies oriented web designed
- Ebooks,E-readers,Tablets, Mobility devices & applications popularised
- Billions of users and Exabyte of Online data.Although web is Giant ,Still unlinked, unstructured ,broken Data leads to unused by users.
Web 3.0[The Future Semantic web]
- Web 2.0 +Semantic Web+Partial Artificial Intelligence[A.I]==Web 3.0
- Arranging / Ordering / Structuring data find on the internet to make it obtainable and practical by programs and software. The intention is to make the web readable by machines too instead of making it readable only by humans.
- Semantic Web is a place where machines can read Web pages much as we humans read them, a place where search engines and software agents can better troll the Net and find what we’re looking for.
- More Collaboration of Business models,Interests with Social Networking.
- Everything and Every sort of devices get connected
- Speedy, faster,3D, rich graphic content,secure and superior quality Web with Introduction of new protocols & coding mechanism
- Specific Privacy,Publicity and Anonymity browsing techniques
- Re-engineering into new networks,Multipurpose Web devices and device platforms
- Web 3.0 — will make tasks like your search for daily interests like movies and food faster and lot easier
- Highly structured and oriented cached web pages for educational purposes which allows us to switch dynamically back to Web 1.0,2.0 like wise and to understand past web technologies and especially all going virtual .
- Richer Self learning ,friendly browsing and Personalized searching technologies upon user interests
- Every thing highly structured ,linked ,organised and connected web data centers.
WEB 4.0 [The Imaginary Web]
- Web 3.0 + Fully Artificial Intelligence[A.I]== Web 4.0
Note:Mostly specific associated tech terms might be missed due to lack of info , if we miss any pls feel free to comment.