Difference Between Intel Core i3,i5 & i7 Processors
It might be a little outdated comparison Since Intel Core i3,i5 & i7 Processors have been for a while with high end performance boosting technologies.But atleast for a normal user it might be some sort of confusion between these terms like i3,i5 &i7 Cores,To an extend Simply say,Core i7 does not have seven cores nor does Core i3 have three cores. The numbers are simply indicative of their relative processing powers .However any one could visit Intel Official site & knew what are it’s Core features & specifications.But a speedy comparison of these processors & it;s difference might be always handy.
CORE i3- An Entry level processor.
- Two cores. Currently, all Core i3s are dual-core processors.
- Clock speeds ranging from 2.93 to 3.06 GHz
- Lack of Turbo Boost[the dynamic overclocking ],Also lack Intel’s vPro technology virtualizaton and AES encryption acceleration technology
- All Core i3 processors have 3MB of cache
- Core i3, which is only a dual core, supports Hyper-Threading -can actually serve two threads per core i.e total 4Threads
- Integrated graphics processor restricted to a maximum clock speed of 1100 MHz
- 32 nm Silicon (less heat and energy)
- Why Buy Core i3 Processor : If you are looking for Cheapest Intel Core processor which is suitable and sufficient for almost all everyday tasks,then Core i3 is the best buy.
CORE i5-An Mid range processor[Categorey of Dual Cores & Quad Cores]
Core i5 – Dual core
- 32 nm fabrication
- 4 MB cache
- clock speeds ranging from 3.2 to 3.6 GHz for Dual cores
- The dualcore Intel Core i5 processors are similar to the Core i3’s have Hyperthreading support &Integrated graphics processor
- Turbo Boost technology Supported
2.Core i5 – Quad Core
- Quadcore Core i5s are much closer to the Core i7 in terms of features
- Quad cores clock speeds of 2.4 and 2.66 GHz.
- Turbo Boost technology Supported ,don’t support Hyperthreading and don’t have a Integrated Graphics Processor.
- All Core i5s, have 6MB-8MB of cache
- 45 nm Silicon (less heat and energy)
- Why Buy Core i5 Processor: If you are going to buy a Laptop and looking for fast performance,excellent battery life of about 6-10 hrs, the Turbo Boost technology,Middle Budget Pricing,Core i5 is the best buy.Because its a targeted release for mid-range computing
COREi7-High end processor.
- Total 4 Cores
- Clock speed 1.06 GHz to 3.20 GHz
- All Core i7 CPUs have 8MB of cache
- Turbo Boost technology Supported,Hyper-Threading support+ a total of eight threads simultaneously
- The IGP[Integrated Graphics] on Core i7 processors can also reach a higher maximum clock speed of 1350 MHz
- 32-45 nm Silicon (less heat and energy)
- Why Buy Core i7 Processor: If you are not bothered about the price and Core and Threads and Turbo boost matters for you,go for Core i7 and Core i7 Extreme.
So finally Which is better or which Suits better ?Totally depends on what type of user are we?Besides being multicore, what makes the i3, i5, i7 processors to be computing power houses, is the hyper-threading technology, combined with the Turboboost feature. An integrated GPU and an enhanced L3 cache makes graphic processing super fast.