Net Traffic Control Softwares
One of worst and frequent scenario for your Internet connection is application choking your bandwidth /unnecessarily giving inbound & outbound connections.As a normal user you could use a firewall to prevent certain apps from giving inbound/outbound port connections ,what to do when to set a download and upload speed limits for a process or apps.If you are facing it in a network or array of computers , options such as limiting reserved band width /QoS factors/Router settings – likewise matters.For a single PC user it’s better to control bandwidth limit of various processes through editing network settings of OS , so that to specify a bandwith limit for a specific apps.ie Edit your TCP/UDP windows settings for specific process or apps.
Here comes the importance of a dedicated Net Traffic control software.There are several ways throttle your internet connection by limiting per-application bandwidth. atleas in an Windows OS settings .It could be done with some registry editing techniques , but for a normal user it’s better to use a specific and GUI friendly software.There goes the use of NeT Balancer &NetLimiter.
- NetBalancer grom Seriousbit
Browse and do any internet activity comfortably even when your download manager or torrent client downloads huge files from internet – just lower their network priority with NetBalancer.You can choose to assign priorities to each one of them (just like CPU priority) and avoid the sluggish throughput. This application Shapes your bandwidth so as to fairly divide bandwidth among applications.it can also used for LAN.So next time you run BitTorrent application like uTorrent, you don’t have to worry about how much it wants to eat, you can always restrict it.
You can, for example, designate priority to your web browser instead of your BitTorrent client. You can even specify download and upload priorities separately meaning a process can have a high download priority but a low upload priority.However, the free version of NetBalancer limits you to setting upload and/or download priorities for 3 different processes and the main features include:
- Set download and upload network priority for any process.
- Set download and upload speed limits for a process
- Manage priorities and limits for each network adapter separately
- Group local network computers and balance their traffic synchronized
- Protect all settings and priorities with a password to prevent unauthorized changes
- Show all system processes with their in and out network traffic speed
- Show current connections for any process
- Show downloaded and uploaded traffic for any process since NetBlancer’s start
- View overall system traffic as a graph
- Show last 15 seconds traffic in system tray
- Fine tune priorities (see Level Severity setting)
- Native 64 bit support for best performance
- Set global traffic limits
NetBalancer is an internet traffic control and monitoring tool designed for Windows XP/2003/Vista/Win7, both x86 and native x64.
- NetLimiter – Ultimate Bandwidth Shaper
So if to try out another similar software offering the above features go for NetLimiter.Along with the above features, Netlimiter offers comprehensive set of internet statistical tools. It includes real-time traffic measurement and long-term per-application internet traffic statistics also Rule scheduler, Remote administration, Connection blocker, Running as WinNT service, User rights, Chart, Advanced Rule editor and scheduler, Zone based traffic management.There are 3 NetLimiter editions available, Pro, Lite and freeware Monitor.