Ubuntu 11.04 – Simple tip to change Boot Screen image
Ubuntu 11.04 is already a controversial release mainly beacause of it’s new look & feel.Forget about critics, if you own a copy of Ubuntu 11.04 , tweak yourself to get rid of unlike features , for this install utilities like Tweak Ubuntu / Compiz Settings Manager.However here we share a simple & easy tips/tweak to change the background image of your Boot screen ,mainly the Grub boot.The Grub (Boot Screen) in the new Ubuntu 11.04 is purple in color which is disliked by many Ubuntu users and is quite plain and boring. This scenario can be changed by adding a new Grub background image. Here are the steps to change the background on grub2 in Ubuntu 11.04.
- Open Nautilus (Window /File Manger) with Root privileges by typing this in the terminal: sudo nautilus
- Now browse to /boot/grub and paste the new image (eg. first.png ) : Note the image must be an accepted format for GRUB, like .jpeg, .tga, .png
- Then update the Grub in the terminal by: sudo update-grub
- Then if every thing goes well , you probably will get an output like this:
Generating grub.cfg ….
background image: first.png
- Now boot again to see the change.